• NoobProof is a firewall configuration tool for Mac OS X .
NoobProof has a list of services. Each service can be allowed or blocked. You can also selectively allow or block specified hosts or subnets. You can add or remove services from the list, and you can create new services.
Very easy, just follow the 5 steps how-to in the application help.
You can also tune bandwidth, manage black lists and create self-configuration tools called injectors.
The first time you launch NoobProof the Wizard will help you configuring the Mac OS X firewall.
NoobProof is a frontend for IPFW. NoobProof is free software. If you want, you can donate using paypal. Thank you.
- uses Mac OS X built-in IPFW or PF firewall. No kernel modules, no extensions, no pain. NoobProof is free and open-source
- decide who can connect to your mac's open services: allow or deny a single host, multiple hosts or subnets for every configured service
- deny unwanted connections to shared files, music, photos, printers
- easily add new custom services and rules
- limit inbound bandwidth for selected services or for all Internet traffic (only IPFW)
- deny real-time network applications like on-line gaming or audio/video chatting
- block untrusted hosts with outgoing/incoming connections black lists
- see firewall logs in window, in terminal or in real-time
- see live static and dynamic ipfw rules
- supernoob mode one-click firewall setup (stateful firewall)
- wizard configurator is the easiest way to configure the Mac OS X firewall. It starts the first time you launch NoobProof
- friendly default configuration, very simple graphic interface
- injectors: deploy easily your firewall setup across a large number of macs; do backups or libraries of useful firewall configurations. Injector works on Mac OS X 10.4-10.7.
- PLEASE NOTE: IPFW has been deprecated on OS X 10.7 Lion. The new system firewall is PF. We developed a new PF firewall frontend for OS X 10.7 Lion, IceFloor. It's free and open source.
- what's new in version 1.5:
• fixed logs window bug in Mac OS X 10.6-10.7
• changed licensing model to NLPL license
- Download NoobProof 1.5
for Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6 and 10.7
||Please support free software
- Hanynet's applications are NOT available on the Mac App Store because Apple does not allow AppleScriptStudio applications to be listed on the Mac App Store. AppleScriptStudio is the development technology we used to develop applications since 2005.
- Hanynet's applications are NOT signed with Apple GateKeeper technology because Hanynet's applications are OPEN SOURCE. You don't need any sign to trust Hanynet's application because you (and the Mac community) has FREE ACCESS TO ITS SOURCE CODE.
- Download NoobProof 1.5 build 215 source code (XCode)
- Download old NoobProof versions:
• 1.0 (src) • 1.1 (src) • 1.2 for Mac OS X 10.4 (src) • 1.3 (src)
- Download NoobProof Latest Nightly Build
(unsupported, unstable, untested, unsafe and sometime unavailable, this beta versions are for those who want to get new features before they are released. Please report bugs.)
- Want to try a more powerful firewall frontend? Get WaterRoof
Comparison between WaterRoof and NoobProof
NoobProof on MacUpdate.Com
Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.