WaterRoof is an advanced and feature rich IPFW firewall frontend for Mac OS X. Manage rules, bandwidth, logs, statistics.
||Murus, the new Yosemite PF firewall front end is now available!
IPFW has been removed from OS X 10.10. The default network firewall is now PF. WaterRoof does not support PF.
Want to try a FREE PF frontend for OS X 10.10? Download Murus Lite here!
• uses Mac OS X built-in IPFW firewall. No kernel modules, no extensions, no pain. WaterRoof is free and open-source
• the most advanced Mac OS X free graphic frontend for ipfw now features a new, clean interface. WaterRoof lets you create, modify, delete, move ipfw rules very quickly.
• designed for Mac OS X and Mac OS X Server
• build ipfw rules easily with the new simplified interface and the IPFW Rules Translator. Building ipfw rules now is easier than ever
• scan your mac for running network services and filter open ports with one mouse click
• list and block remote hosts connected to your mac
• watch and parse firewall logs, create raw and graphic statistics
• look at active network connections, block them or limit their bandwidth on-the-fly with the connection inspector
• list all processes that make or listen for network connections
• Backup and deploy firewall rules with WaterRoof Injectors
• manage Network Address Translation (NAT) daemon: create a dual-homed firewall/nat/router with port redirection and forwarding;
• Manage rules on Mac OS X Server: WaterRoof is fully integrated with Server Admin (10.6)
• Manage NAT Port Forwarding (including Mac OS X Server 10.7 Lion)
• Configure a dual homed NAT firewall/router with Mac OS X Server 10.7 Lion: set up *working* port forwarding directives and choose your favourite IP range for your LAN interface and clients
• deploy firewall configuration using WaterRoof Injectors
• Import and export firewall configurations
• Quick dns reverse and whois choosing from a list of whois servers
• manage network bandwidth with dummynet pipes
• check live dynamic rules (IPFW States) created by stateful firewall rules
• import rules from NoobProof Injectors
• keep your favourite firewall rules active at system boot
• explore and test ipfw with configuration wizard and ready rule sets
• requires Mac OS X 10.5 - 10.8 (ppc/intel)
TO OPEN WATERROOF IN OS X 10.8 MOUNTAIN LION AND UP PLEASE RIGHT CLICK WATERROOF ICON AND SELECT OPEN, THEN CONFIRM.
Please support free software
Click "Pay Now" to donate using Paypal or credit card.
||Send Bitcoin donations to 16UvmZcqEEYT5gYrTaGrh82d12726fQi5x
IPFW HAS BEEN DEPRECATED
IN MAC OS X 10.7 LION.
IPFW works as usual and is a very good choice also on Lions but has been officially replaced by PF. Technically IPFW and PF work together. Connections must be allowed (=not blocked) by both firewalls in order to pass.
PF is now the default firewall in OSX. WaterRoof does not support the configuration of PF.
You can download and use the free and open source PF frontend IceFloor.
IPFW HAS BEEN COMPLETELY REMOVED FROM OS X 10.10 YOSEMITE (Developer Preview 1).
IPFW has gone forever. WaterRoof development has been discontinued today, june 5 2014.
• hanynet.com applications are NOT available on the Mac App Store because Apple does not allow AppleScriptStudio applications to be listed on the Mac App Store. AppleScriptStudio is the development technology we used to develop applications since 2005.
• hanynet.com applications are NOT signed with Apple GateKeeper technology because Hanynet's applications are OPEN SOURCE. You don't need any sign to trust Hanynet's application because you (and the Mac community) has FREE ACCESS TO ITS SOURCE CODE.
Copyleft 2000-2014 by Hany El Imam • All rights reversed