The first and most advanced IPFW free and open source firewall frontend for Mac OS X.
- uses Mac OS X built-in IPFW firewall. No kernel modules, no extensions, no pain. WaterRoof is free and open-source
- the most advanced Mac OS X free graphic frontend for ipfw now features a new, clean interface. WaterRoof lets you create, modify, delete, move ipfw ipv4 and ipv6 rules very quickly.
- designed for Mac OS X and Mac OS X Server
- build ipfw rules easily with the new simplified interface and the IPFW Rules Translator. Building ipfw rules now is easier than ever
- scan your mac for running network services and filter open ports with one mouse click
- list and ban remote hosts connected to your mac
- watch and parse firewall logs, create raw and graphic statistics
- look at active network connections, block them or limit their bandwidth on-the-fly with the connection inspector
- list all processes that make or listen for network connections
- Backup and deploy firewall rules with WaterRoof Injectors
- manage Network Address Translation (NAT) daemon: create a dual-homed firewall/nat/router with port redirection and forwarding;
- Manage rules on Mac OS X Server: WaterRoof is fully integrated with Server Admin
- Manage NAT Port Forwarding (including Mac OS X Server 10.7 Lion)
- Configure a dual homed NAT firewall/router with Mac OS X Server 10.7 Lion: set up *working* port forwarding directives and choose your favourite IP range for your LAN interface and clients
- deploy firewall configuration using WaterRoof Injectors
- Import and export firewall configurations
- Quick dns reverse and whois choosing from a list of whois servers
- manage network bandwidth with dummynet pipes
- check live dynamic rules (IPFW States) created by stateful firewall rules
- import rules from NoobProof Injectors
- keep your favourite firewall rules active at system boot
- explore and test ipfw with configuration wizard and ready rule sets
- requires Mac OS X 10.5 - 10.8 (ppc/intel)
- concept and code by Hany El Imam
- It's free !! Paypal and Bitcoins donations accepted.
- what's new in version 3.8:
• full OS X 10.8 support
• interface with bigger fonts
• improved network interfaces list
• fixed logs statistics for OS X 10.8
Download WaterRoof 3.8
||Please support free software
- Hanynet's applications are NOT available on the Mac App Store because Apple does not allow AppleScriptStudio applications to be listed on the Mac App Store. AppleScriptStudio is the development technology we used to develop applications since 2005.
- Hanynet's applications are NOT signed with Apple GateKeeper technology because Hanynet's applications are OPEN SOURCE. You don't need any sign to trust Hanynet's application because you (and the Mac community) have FREE ACCESS TO ITS SOURCE CODE.
PLEASE NOTE: IPFW HAS BEEN DEPRECATED
IN MAC OS X 10.7 LION AND OSX 10.8 MOUNTAIN LION.
IPFW works as usual and is a very good choice also on Lions but has been officially replaced by PF. Technically IPFW and PF work together. Connections must be allowed (=not blocked) by both firewalls in order to pass.
PF is now the default firewall in OSX. WaterRoof does not support the configuration of PF.
HanyNet.Com is proud to present the first free frontend for the OSX PF firewall: IceFloor.
With IceFloor you can configure the PF firewall with options very close to those of WaterRoof and NoobProof.
|Try IceFloor, the new PF firewall frontend for OS X
Try IceFloor • FREE PF frontend for OS X
IceFloor is the new PF firewall frontend for OS X by hanynet.com. It's FREE and OPEN SOURCE. PF is the new OS X Lion network firewall. It replaces the outdated and deprecated IPFW.
Click here for more info.
|Explore PF, the new OS X 10.7 network firewall
- Download WaterRoof 3.8 source code (Injector build 115 source code included)
per favore spediscimi bug report o impressioni d'uso a:
please send bug reports to:
Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.